HOME > Trading Guide > youkou > Gasoline
Date of Listing
July 5, 1999
Type of Trade
Physically Delivered Futures Transaction
Regular gasoline of JIS K2202 Grade
Computerized Individual Auction
Six consecutive months (On the day when a New Contract Month is generated, there will be 6 consecutive months starting from 2 months after the month which the said day belongs to.)
Last Trading Day
Day session on the 25th of the month preceding the current contract month (If the day falls on an Exchange holiday, Last Trading Day will be the immediately preceding business day.)
First Trading Day of a New Contract Month
Night session immediately following the Last Trading Day of the current contract month.
Throughout the delivery month
- Deliverable Commodities: Regular gasoline of JIS K2202 Grade 2, which is refined within Japan or cleared through the customs.
- Gasoline tax: Contract Price does not include gasoline tax, buyers must pay the sellers the amount equivalent to the gasoline tax when taking delivery.
Quantity Tolerance on Delivery
±2% of the volume per delivery
Refineries and oil tanks located in Tokyo, Kanagawa and Chiba, provided with barge delivery facilities, and appointed by the Exchange.
- Option of delivery points: Seller
- Delivery method: Delivery into barge
- Option of delivery day: Buyer in principle
- Matching of Buyer and Seller: Determined by drawing lots, except when parties to Delivery parties find their counterparts by themselves during the period from Last Trading Day to Lottery Day.
- Divided delivery: Delivery can be divided
Day Session 9:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. (JST)
Night Session 4:30 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. (JST)
50 kl (approximately 13,210 US gallons) / contract
100 kl (Delivery unit = 2 contract units)
JPY 10 per 1 kiloliter
Contract Price and Tax
The contract price shall be inclusive of the cost of delivery into refineries or oil tanks located in Tokyo Bay area but exclusive of gasoline tax and consumption tax.
Circuit Breaker Trigger Level
The CB trigger level is to be set everyday at the start of a clearing period (i.e.the start of a night session at 17:00) and is based on the settlement price of the previous clearing periond (or the settlement price of the preceding contract month, in case of a new contract month)
As SPAN Margining System started from January 4, 2011, Japan Commodity Clearing House (JCCH) will set its parameters based on historical price fluctuation.
Please see the website of Japan Commodity Clearing House (JCCH) for more details.
Customer Position Limits (separately for long and short positions)
Customers excluding commercials and investment trusts:
Current contract month: 250 contracts
2nd contract month: 500 contracts
Other contract months (each): 1,500 contracts
Commercials and investment trusts:
Current contract month: 2,000 contracts
2nd contract month: 3,000 contracts
Other contract months (each): 5,000 contracts
TOCOM Product Code: 31
Reuters Contract Detail: TCE/JGL
Bloomberg Ticker: JVA